Welcome my heart home
[html]

As she mentally chided herself for being caught unawares, he silently criticised his own approach. It had been a little too enthusiastic, a little too careless; he reminded himself that approaching any strange lupus as an optime was discouraged, especially when said quadruped undoubtedly outranked him. He just thought—well, he didn't know exactly what he was thinking. Apart from the meek coyote he greeted at the borders, this earthen female was closer in age to him than any other Dreamer he'd met to date. Unfortunately for her, she was also the first he'd seen since acquiring his bizarre, unlikely companion; and the Heavens knew, he was all too eager to show off the exotic creature.

While she did seem vaguely intrigued by the snail, he couldn't decide if she was truly interested or simply being polite. Sometimes he felt so out of place here; everyone seemed so serious, so formal. He found Ghita most relatable by far, a point which spoke volumes alone. How was it this reckless teenage dropout had more in common with a middle aged mother of five than anybody else? Lest anybody start to believe he viewed his pack mates unfavourably, it was important to note that he did feel at home here, and it wasn't that he disliked anybody. Crimson Dreams, in terms of general atmosphere, wasn't so unlike where he grew up. Nevertheless, it was debatable whether or not he'd have settled here at all if not for Maserati and Anselm's friendship with Savina.

“Helix—original, right?” he mused, tone deadpan but eyes twinkling with playful sarcasm. “And I'm Barry—Barrett, whatever. I think you're the first wolf I've met that's not related to Savina,” he laughed. “Anyway, if you'd rather get back to your thoughts I can leave you to it,” he offered. The yearling could be kind of a dunce at times, but he was usually pretty good about not overstaying his welcome.

Bahaha, just staring at it makes me feel stoned even if I'm not XD
<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread