Welcome my heart home
[html]

Barrett's gaze trailed up the spidering ivy roots that clung steadfast to the pale stucco walls. Far enough from the ground, the plants' tendrils and the cracks they imparted on the masonry became indistinguishable. It was strange to think that once upon a time, these structures were pristine—a gleaming, uniform white instead of the chipped and broken weatherworn grey. So much of what the humans left behind was in ruins; the only maintained structures he could remember seeing were exactly that—buildings that luperci, for whatever reason, took an interest in and fixed up or raised from scratch. Then again, he supposed the humans that built these modest dwellings would have never guessed that one day, beasts hitherto only seen in movies and nightmares would casually stroll down these streets as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

Her observation snapped him out of his reverie and he nodded. “Yeah, probably!” Fish comprised an appreciable chunk of the youth's diet, as he found them amongst the easiest targets for a solitary hunter. Still, his methods were more traditional, unreliant on tangled cords or cumbersome poles. Needless to say, Barrett wound up looking like a drowned rat every time he decided to fish. While he enjoyed the water, especially during the warmer months, it occurred to him more civilised methods might be preferable come winter. And so, as they rounded the corner into the main street, the found himself lightly rapping on the doors of the buildings they passed and trying his luck with the handles. Eventually he found one that wasn't locked; the structure also seemed relatively stable.

He shrugged to the Praefectus and stepped inside. The stale, dry air elicited a sneeze from the wolf and caused Helix to retreat mostly into his shell. Bits of dust flew up around his feet and he squinted around the room. “Woah!!” he exclaimed, hurrying over to a large, primitive apparatus against one of the walls. It seemed whoever lived here had opened up the ground floor of this building as a shop. “I've heard about these before,” he called over his shoulder, running a paw along the dusty lathe. “A pole lathe,” he explained, “for wood-working. It uses this,” he said, tugging on the tensioned beam, “as a source of power.” It cracked slightly under his weight and he relented; the boughs used as a spring needed to be supple and fresh. But now that this one was here, maybe he could study it and build his own...

Sorry about the ungodly wait. Hope the slight PP was okay, if not slap me... and feel free to have them going back outside in your next post, too :3
<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread