this summer's going to the dogs.
[html]
Leader approved~ LOOK, A MOOSE! You know the drill: the more the merrier; short posts are fine. Big Grin Don't forget, you get 10 CD game points for joining and (if you don't have it already) the pack hunt catacomb skull, too!

Logistics: Set in Apple Blossom Orchard. New round every 10 days; no posting order after me so we can keep this movin'/people can reply at their convenience. I'm thinking four rounds total: gathering, chase, take-down, feast. After the first round, if everyone posts before 10 days are up I'll start the next one that much sooner :3

Barrett had struck gold—red gold. Among other things, these apples seemed to be a hit with his voracious little buddy. If a snail was supposed to make a mundane companion, the mocha yearling wasn't hearing any of it. He sat with his back against a tree, peeling off tiny scraps of skin and pulpy flesh with a claw; then he watched, mesmerised, as Helix happily munched on the pieces. This feeding, predictably, ensued at a snail's pace. Unfortunately, the adolescent could only watch another creature eat for so long before his own tummy started gurgling from neglect.

Be it fate, kindness of the gods, or just dumb luck, a solution to his problem awaited discovery less than several hundred yards away. Snuff!! For the first time in what could have been hours, he looked up. Fwoomp, duh-dunk. The wolf's ears slicked back and he cautiously peered uphill from behind his tree. A lone moose was grazing on the apples, using its impressive height to rear up and tug at the higher branches before crashing to the ground. Perhaps because the predator was in a valley and the wind was in his favour, the animal seemed oblivious.

Any illusion of safety quickly shattered. As soon as Barrett stashed his personal artefacts (including Helix) somewhere secure, his body began to deform and rearrange. The secui charged up the opposite hill so he could keep tabs on the beast's movements, then sounded a cry to the late morning sky. No wolf could take this prize on their own, but working as a unit, the entire pack could feast.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread