crown of thorns
[html]

Word Count → 562

He ignored his son's request for the laughter to cease, but it stopped on his own as the conversation continued. As infuriating as talking to the boy might have been for others, Ravesque drank in his words with apathy, listening and turning over the sentences as he formed responses that made sense to him. Though he was not a quiet man, he was a slow thinker, always trying to ensure the words he spoke were everything he wanted them to be. He didn't expect his son to understand — he was proving to be an idiot of the most extreme sort, something he hadn't seen in the rest of his or Naniko's children.

A grunt left him as he acknowledged what his son was saying, a marker before his words decided to come. "You don't have to agree, boy." It was a simple response to something he found distasteful, disagreeing and giving an alternative opinion; why not simply let it go? In the red eyes of the Acidic, words were not always a necessary thing, and he expected others to think the same way. Those who talked too much ran the risk of revealing too much — a dangerous habit in any world. But he didn't stay silent. Instead, another small growl escaped the smaller version of the hulking beast, setting his father on guard and causing the muscles in his jaws to lift in a silent, warning snarl. He had already shown he wouldn't tolerate disrespect from the younger man. Of course, rather than continuing with disrespect, he simply receiving whining — how typical, that he questioned what Ravesque knew.

"You're a kid — you think you really know your mother the way I know your mother? You think you're smarter than I am, huh?" The words were laced with acid, a biting tone that lashed out at his son for questioning him. He'd known Naniko for so long...he couldn't remember the first time his eyes had found the white-clad body of the D'Angelo amongst the slimmer bodies of other women in the cult under the Tribunal, but he had known then that he wouldn't let her leave him forever. And now someone questioned what he knew of her, and he grunted out frustration as he formed more words. "I've watched your mother for a long time, Scorpius — if you believe she's not proud of you now, then she never will be."

He leaned back against the air, stretching out his legs as he studied his son in silence. More criticism from a boy who hadn't yet found a place in the world. "It's too bad your brother's stunt with the fire didn't kill you — it would have saved me a headache and your mother months of suffering an idiot." The words were cold, harsh, but not hateful. His eyes maintained their half-lidded gaze, staring without shame into the similarly colored eyes of the boy in front of him. Had Harlowe done the right thing? It didn't matter now, not with Harlowe did, but what would life be like without what was growing into a bratty young man? He snorted. "I pull my weight, even if you don't pay attention. Go back to your maps. Your time with me is up."

Ravesque

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons; table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.ra-eclipse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.ra-eclipse p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ra-eclipse .charname {font-family: 'Special Elite', serif; color:#fed95f; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:60px; font-weight:400; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #000; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.ra-eclipse b {color:#fed95f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ra-eclipse {background-color:#2a503a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Mfqzn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#263328; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #263328;}
.ra-eclipse .inner {margin:0px 5px 60px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#263328;}
.ra-eclipse p.wordcount {color:#fed95f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #263328; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread