its in my blood, its in my heart
5+

Graceful but genetically weakened ears rotated fluidly, listening to the young Inferni pup as he answered her question as her eyes appraised her kill. Even with both of them they would never strip this carcass of all its nourishment in one meal, maybe if they came back several times over a few days but in the meanwhile there would be no way to keep it safe from scavengers. With a soft tut of her tongue she resigned to leaving it where it lay and eating what they could. The animals they shared the forest with could have the remains they left over. Shaking her mane she snorted and turned again to the growing male. How could she explain the arctic to him? Hmm..

"Try and imagine the coldest day you've ever felt here in 'Souls and about triple its chill, add onto that four or five foot of snow and ice. Winds that blow so hard they sweep people from their feet and would topple trees if any grew up that far north. Icy cold rivers and lakes that freeze over dangerously and then crack and break when you're not expecting it, plunging you into its freezing dark depths. That is the Arctic, and it's where I am from." She nodded, that would do a good enough job for the time being, if he needed further explanation then she would have to think of some other way to describe it.

Now that he had slowed down and wasn't talking a hundred miles a second his voice wasn't annoying to her, she nodded in all the right places, hmm'ed when she should and shrugged her shoulders at the appropriate times, she considered his question while she gathered up tinder and stones before turning to the mixed breed child,

"I cannot tell you what is right or wrong on your path, only you can know that. But I do know what it's like to love a child so much you never want them to leave." The woman's eyes filled with pain and sorrow, and her voice tightened up considerably. "And the idea of you willingly wanting to leave is maybe why she was so angry and at the same time trying to cut herself off from you emotionally so it's not as painful for her when you do go. My own children, bless their souls, didn't survive their birth so I'll never have to experience this with them." If only Jace had been able to detach herself from hers emotionally like this Io seemed to be doing, then maybe she wouldn't have suffered like she had done and damaged herself so. Maybe then Roran wouldn't have left.

She frowned as she went back to collecting the sticks and dumping them on the pile that was growing larger all the time. Her doggish form was still affected by her premature birth, skinny and anemic looking the she wolf was, even more so than she used to. Regardless what or how much she ate, no weight would stick to her form.

Messages In This Thread