'wild' horse varieties in the 'soulsverse
I brought this up in another thread, because I also think it is very interesting.

Don't you think there would be more than one herd, even in such a small territory? With the mustangs in places like Nevada and Montana, there are large herds that often share territory though they don't mingle very much.

I think that some of the draft breeds, like Shire's, Percherons, and Belgians would do great in the colder climates. Mid-sized would be more confined to mustang like horses instead of Arabian and Thoroughbred types. As for ponies, Shetlands would be popping up everywhere, as long as there where some in the area beforehand, those little guys thrive in harsh climates! Halflingers, Asian Ponies, and New Forest Ponies would all do pretty well in the cold and mountainous ranges, as well as the beach areas.

I am a huge lover of equines, and I will try to help with this discussion in any way. Big Grin Also...I really want Tawny to get a Shetland pony as her NPC! I've already got a picture made for him. xD

Messages In This Thread