Bad Kids
[html]

XD And now I’ve been browsing TV Tropes for so long for RP ideas that I’m actually using the term “berserk button.” Word Count: 525

The silver girl was glad Barrett didn’t take her mocking too seriously. Some wolves did, especially big tough guys with easily-wounded prides, and on more than a few occasions she had suffered from hitting their berserk button. Pixie admittedly judged people a lot by their sense of humor, and so the dark wolf automatically was favored in her eyes once she could see that he was as light-hearted as she was. And as much of a klutz as she could sometimes be. “D’aw, don’t make me feel sorry for you,” whimpered Pixie, grinning as she played along with Barry pretending to be offended.

“And did I really?” she asked. “Because that part’s pretty easy. But yeah, it does feel a little funny, dismounting a horse after you’ve been riding for a while. But I’ve been riding for almost as long as I could shift into two-legged form—it’s very natural for me.” She glanced and snickered at Magic, who glared at the boy as he patted the stallion but didn’t do any harm to him. “He was the first horse I learned to ride. I’ve traveled a lot and borrowed a few horses every now and then, but he’s the only one that’s stuck with me from the very beginning.” She glanced down at the palm of her hand; the mark had grown fainter and fainter as time went by, and some fur had grown over it, making it impossible for anyone but her to see it unless they stuck their face right in front of it.

She was about to go around the opposite corner when her companion pointed towards the opposite side of the street. Pixie had seen stores like that before; they were filled with shelves of circular disks contained in bright, artistic packages, often with pictures of humans on them, and supposedly these disks somehow could play music. She had no idea how such a thing could occur, but she wasn’t thinking to much about that now; she was too preoccupied with the store next to the one Barry was pointing to.

“Hey, that’s…that’s a violin!” she shouted, running towards the glass window. She recognized the guitar-like instrument because of Jazper showing his own violin to her. Pixie never really got the point of them—why would you make the strings practically screech with a stick when you could just lightly pluck them with your fingers?—but she knew that, where there were violins, there were bound to be guitars. Just from looking through the foggy, scratched-up glass, she could see various other instruments: a piano, a few clarinets, a whole set of drums…surely a guitar had to be somewhere in the mix.

“C’mon, let’s go inside!” she said, heading towards the door. But she soon realized that was much better said than done; she couldn’t get the door open, no matter how much she shoved at it or twisted the knob. It wasn’t locked, but it had somehow gotten slightly unhinged and was now stuck oddly into the frame. “Help me out here. It’s jammed, but if we both push hard enough, we might be able to push it down.”

<style type="text/css">
.pixiemusic1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1F211E; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #EDDFC0; }
.pixiemusic1-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.pixiemusic1 p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pixiemusic1 {margin:0 auto; width:466px; background-color:#7882A2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... emusic.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #2A2C37; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151717; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread