At the Stables
Forward dated to July tenth. WC:337
Shiloh was in her home away from home. She had grown used to being with the horses, their beauty and calm clearing her mind. She sat quietly on a bale of hay, next to a soft cream and gray dappled mare that she had been starting to visit regularly. She had gotten back into the rhythm of whittling and was currently whittling the horse she was getting attached to. She was having a hard time carving the mane because her whole right arm was in a sling so her shoulder would heal. She couldn't move her arm, her hand or anything because the pain would shoot up into her shoulder. She growled in frustration and throws the horrible carving out of the stables before getting up and walking into the mares pen.

The horse wasn't scared of her misshapen form and nudged her hand softly looking for a snack. She wasn't sure if she was suppose to be in the stables but this mare was slowly worming her way into Shiloh's heart. She rubbed the horses soft nose with her good hand and scratched her behind the ears. "I want to keep you but you, like so many others are not mine to have. You should have a better owner then me, she whispered leaning into the horse for comfort. She often came here to talk to the mare knowing she wouldn't judge her for how she felt or how she looked.
"Why couldn't he look at me like you do? Why couldn't Leon love me like I want to love him?" she whispered against the mare as it started to lay down. Shiloh had been starting to sleep better with the horse and often told Mizu about her. Mizu was waning her off the sleep tea knowing that she often slept better with the horse. Shiloh yawned and leaned on the horses side, her steady heart beat and breathing bringing her a sense of peace and quiet. She yawned again and fell asleep against the mare.

Messages In This Thread