hourglass
[html]

"You have touched me," he said quietly, a smile about his honest features. "If I loved you, my rose, I would never fear to be struck down." He bowed his head. "Perhaps I would be proud, to know God was so jealous of our love to remove me from it permanently."

The coyote recognized that talk of religion and its relation to her father's teachings; she was not unlike Gabriel, though the Seiryu had never quite gotten to know the old Aquila well. Was he not still head of the firepit Inferni — though surely this woman would show him more respect, if that were the case. It seemed she did not so as a father, but perhaps her attachment to the clan would change that perspective should Gabriel more literally reign over her. The coyote chose not to dwell on the concept long, for in the end it mattered very little to him who was leading that clan, when its members were still visibly struggling with concepts like love and beauty. Who ruled them now, Gabriel or not, had not taken strides to see to its members' personal welfares, or so Razekiel wondered.

"The saints loved their God," he shrugged. Near-Buddhist or not, Razekiel had had his share of christians and believers in his time. He had learned well the ways of religions. "To love a god... is not to love another. It is more, and yet it is less. I love all; I love you, my rose, just as I love the sun in the sky and these ashes." Fingers drew circles in the dust. "Yet I have only loved once. Sage, China, Clover, Micah... yes, they were quite born out of love."

He closed his eyes, an airy smile at his face. "No, that love did not last, but my children did. That is all that matters to this old treehugger. They are evidence of what was."

<style>
.razboatsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razboatscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razboats p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razboats b {color:#883E4A; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #B93B45; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razboats {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.razboatsinner{background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; border:1px solid #883E4A; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread