Stranger in a Strange Land
[html]

Oh I am so late. We can close this up soon if you'd prefer.

Eyes wide with intrigue and delight, the coyote listened with great enthusiasm and perked ears as she continued the tale of her birthland. A smile sat comfortably on his face, charmed by the gurgling laughter he had unintentionally brought forth. Like she, his grin faded as she spoke of a land of conflict and racism, bringing back vivid memories of a younger Inferni from long ago. Ichika had been created with that firepit in mind, knowing well the results of rampant racism and hate, knowing well the stink of blood and vengeance in the air of such a place. Ichika would be pure, peaceful, calm. Ichika would be the sanctuary for those like Verloren.

"Ah, yes, literal discrimination to death," the Seiryu nodded sagely, pulling at the goatee-like fur hanging from his chin. "Yes, I was also a child amidst hate and blood. Not all born in that horror must grow to be horrid." A smile. "Don't you agree?"

Straw eyes followed the child's form as she approached the waves, distance in her voice and eyes alike. He waited a long while, still seated cross-legged and relaxed. "So you are on a mission of sorts, then?" He shook his head. "For a child to be forced to focus on more than simply growing... it's tragic."

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread