shadow and flame
[html]
pray to your god, open your heart

Word Count: ●

As expected, the wait for the Boss was hardly long at all. Larkspur warned his sister in plain terms how she was expected to behave, and the woman hid her child in order to be further presentable. Her eyes—the same color as her brother’s—widened at the arrival of the hybrid on the horse. It was a striking sight for her, one she intended to remember. This man was handsome, powerful, and had striking poisonous eyes that reminded Wisteria of so many of her family.

Larkspur dropped his head, averting his eyes from Sirius even as he advanced. While much larger than the hybrid, he rubbed his muzzle against the leader’s own face before retreating. His sister all but balked, startled her gruff and terrible kin would bow to this man. No one had ever gained such submission from him in Khalif.

“My sister,” Larkspur began, looking to the woman. “Wisteria. She has come here looking for a home.” At a look, the white woman advanced, dropping to a knee and bowing her head below the lean and scarred stranger. “My brother spoke to me of your kingdom, sire, and I desire nothing less than to serve.” Her voice, heavily accented with German, rolled honey-sweet from her mouth. It was not the first time she had flattered a male, nor would it be the last. “If you would have me, my lord,” she added, but did not look up from his feet.

<style type="text/css">
.larktext .lyrics {font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; font-family: 'Special Elite', arial, serif; letter-spacing:-1px; word-spacing:4px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center;}
.larktext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.larktext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.larktext {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.larktext .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread