shadow and flame
[html]
pray to your god, open your heart

Word Count: ●

For all her flattery, Wisteria observed. She was an intelligent woman. It had what kept her alive in the Khalif even after she had broken their laws and spoke to her brother, even after she took herbs to prevent her from conceiving, even after she looked down on the man she called mate. There was as much witch in Wisteria as there was subversion. Sirius betrayed himself to her in subtle ways, showing he was taken by her words and her looks, but certainly not swept away. He was, as she had expected, formidable.

Larkspur remained silent and still, a dark shadow marked by blazing white signs and accents. He hesitated to answer when the earthen-hued male spoke to his sister, whom he was pleased to see kept her eyes affixed low. This was a test. Everything with Sirius was. “She is clever,” Larkspur said, choosing the word carefully. “In our home she served a priestess, and marked those who were worthy.”

Wisteria, listening carefully, did not move but spoke once she was certain her brother had finished. “I bring little, my lord. I can give you my loyalty, and whatever you might ask of me.” Her eyes watched the feet of the stallion, shuffling with eagerness at the sight of the mare. There it was. “I can also turn over the mare. She has served me well, and she is young—a fine animal to breed, if you so desire it.”

<style type="text/css">
.larktext .lyrics {font-size:22px; font-weight:bold; font-family: 'Special Elite', arial, serif; letter-spacing:-1px; word-spacing:4px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center;}
.larktext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.larktext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.larktext {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.larktext .separator{width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread