Kee[p] Your Hopes Up High
[html]
Dude, I think my posting funk is GONE. 418 words, +3 points.

Apologies were always strange to hear from Mars, and it made the woman study him more closely as he asked if there was something they could do to make her like it. She remained quiet for a moment, allowing her mind to take in that he was trying to make it better — another strange thing. A sigh preceded her words. "Ain' nothin' you can do, Mars, 've always just hated it. Hated Dahlia dee Mai, hated Cerc'tori D'Arte." Her shoulders shrugged slightly as she spoke. That was the short of it. She just hated this new place. She just hated that he hadn't remained in California with her. Why'd he want to leave? What purpose was there? What reasoning? For some woman who wasn't even there anymore? Her mind still remembered the pink-haired Orin woman, and her face faded into a frown. Was that why she hated this place? Out of simple jealousy?

The conversation continued as he kept working at her measurements, his words describing his ideas. A dress? She'd never worn a dress before, but he'd tried to make one for her in the past. Did he really want to see her in something she'd always considered frivolous? A girly item, an item she had never truly desired to wear. She was content in her worn-out kilt and leather jacket — it seemed he wasn't. The hand not preoccupied with touching him rose to push back the limp locks of blonde-touched hair that had fallen into her eyes as he descended to measure her hips. The movement freed her other hand, though she simply twisted bits of the man's hair around her fingers gently. "Trust you to make somethin' nice, Mars. You know me, I ain' picky." She truly wasn't.

A silence overtook her as she watched him go about his business, cogs in her Spanish-speaking mind turning around over and over. She'd been putting off what she was going to ask next, mostly because the pregnancy had been unpleasant for her, but it was time enough to do it. Another sigh, her jaws opened: "You think it's weird we ain' together even though we got kids?" In her home, it hadn't really been that way — real relationships hindered the ability to procreate, but even some of the Nakzhi devout formed pair bonds within the group, even if they maintained loose legs with others. Was Mars' home any different?

<style>
.zero-krystalle p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.zero-krystalle b {color:#D64886; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px;}
.zero-krystalle {font-family: verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#D383A4; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#333333; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #7A003B;width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
.zero-krystalle-ext { -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;-webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 15px #111111;border:1px solid #ffffff;width:502px;margin:0px auto;}
.zero-krystalle .ooc {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread