Salutations, Visitations
[html]
Big Grin

The girl in front of her bit her lip nervously, and Skye wondered if she shouldn't have asked in such a way - she was sure that she'd have been able to find out some other way, if not through Evelyn. But she relented and told her of a stranger, a man, who had said that.. the pack was trouble? That was bothersome - and he had told her about the murders? What loner knew about Argul and the horrors that he wrought on her lands?

She smiled slightly with approval as Evelyn told how she had told the man that the pack was doing fine - which it was. Everything had calmed down since the incident, and the pack was looking much better.. people were joining, the garden was growing again, and their stables were expanding like never before; Skye thought that she may have to add some space to it soon, even. But all those emotions were washed away and replaced with anger as Evelyn revealed that the 'stranger''s name was Ouija.

She remembered the painted man that had been part of her pack before he had abandoned it for Anathema, and involuntarily, her face contorted into that of anger and irritation before she remembered herself and was composed again. Ouija! She had thought that Ouija was loyal - she supposed that she was wrong. She didn't blame him for leaving, although she wished that he hadn't - he was strong, and they could have used a member like him, even though he hid himself in the hunting lodge most of the time and rarely showed his face, although he had many visitors. But she did blame him for this. Trespassing on the lands when he had given it up, and now scaring his newest members with tales about how the pack was 'trouble' stirred the leader in a way that she did not like. She was sure, she noted bitterly, that he had said much worse things than that, but Evelyn was too polite to reveal them.

She shook her head free of those thoughts for now, reminding herself to check the borders for the painted man's scent, and if she found him, to chase him off; the pack didn't need people like him scaring members. She knew that if Evelyn had been a lesser person, she may have ran from the pack due to the man's words - she wouldn't let him tear apart her pack so soon after Argul had already done a good job of it.

"He used to be a member of Cercatori d'Arte," she said to Evelyn in reference to her question. "One of the five original founders, in fact," she said. "I had thought that he was loyal.. I was wrong. Not because he ran away, but because he chose to slander Cercatori d'Arte's name, and this I will not allow." Her brow furrowed together, but smoothed again once they met Evelyn's eyes. "Thank you for telling me that, Evelyn - is that what was bothering you?" she asked kindly.

<style type="text/css">
.emptyhouse b {font-weight:normal; color:#fefbee;}
.emptyhouse p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.emptyhouse {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#CAD6BF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4HL3m.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fefbee; padding: 10px 0px 145px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#577153; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.emptyhouse-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
wc: 502
[/html]

Messages In This Thread