supersonic
[html]

I think it's a dead rat, but I'm not sure. 500+

Kansas continued to gaze at the garden as the woman shifted, and he was thoroughly enjoying himself in doing so. The leaves and flowers were slightly fuzzy around the edges, their hues bright in the sunlight above. He was shaken from the trance by her voice and looked her way. He had not seen the care of a little cat as a difficult thing, but he knew nothing about it. She definitely seemed to know more than he did. "Eh, I don't know. They'd figure it out..." but his voice was uncertain. It was not that he didn't have confidence in his daughters to read and learn about kittens, it was something else. He allowed the woman her two or three hits, not caring how much she smoked. When she was finished and had handed the pipe back to him, he was barely disturbed by the kitten's snort and, as he heard it, meow. However, something pulled his eyes toward the split-toned werewolf and the cat as he hit the pipe, and he witnessed them exchange a look. That was interesting.

He spoke as he blew smoke slowly through his nose. "Kansas Sadira. You?" The question was broken by a coughing fit that exuded the remaining smoke from his lungs. His head felt warm, his ears tingled, and the flowers and leaves became slightly fuzzier. The corners of his eyes were red, but otherwise, Kansas remained the same.

He took another hit, blowing it out more quickly this time to save his chest the discomfort of coughing. Kansas furrowed his dark brows slightly as he looked at her, puzzled by a few things, his turquoise eyes wavering once to the cat after she had corrected herself about its sex. She and the kitten exchanged another look, and Kansas was sure he saw some kind of expression in the features of the little thing, as if the woman had perplexed it, somehow. The snowy male was beginning to wonder if she had the ability to speak to cats. He accepted it as a possibility, it was just that he had never seen it before. He could not recall if he had ever communicated with other species in the way he communicated with his own, but he knew that some canines had the ability.

He was also curious about why the woman kept referring to his daughters. It was almost as if she wanted the kitten herself. He was quiet a moment, the pipe resting in his lap before he realized that he had been camping for quite some time, and handed it back to her. A small sigh seemed to slip through his lips. His daughters had never been quarrelsome, and he could not see them fighting over a kitten. Not even Artemis had the attitude to start something with her sisters for the sake of a cat. But Kansas was still worried. "Nah, they won't fight over it. They're not like that. But... I don't... I don't want to hurt any of them, by giving it to one of them. I'm sure they'd all like to have that little guy."

This was different from when he had given Cambria her necklace and Silvano his horse, those were special circumstances. Cambria had been suffering and needed something to make her smile, and Silvano had asked for the horse. It would have been nice to have four kittens, one for each of his girls, so that none would feel left out of the surprise. Kansas rubbed his brow and closed his eyes for a moment. "Shit."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread