Old Haunts
[html]

The feline was quite forced to remember this odd dog's antics, however, as the canine called him a strange name - Kato. He then corrected himself... if corrected was the right word for attempting to make Element forget that he had heard the name Kato. Element quirked one ear backward, his annoyance prickling through his usually cool and calm demeanor, although not much. Did this canine think him stupid? Why was he so suspicious of the cat, and so presumptuous that he was correct in his apparent belief that the cat was behaving suspiciously? Element's emerald eyes narrowed as Giron continued to speak.

He was about to point the dog to the right direction of the section on plants and get him out of his fur when the dog dropped a not so subtle hint that he thought that Element had acquired the library unfairly. Both of Element's ears dipped down backwards behind his head, and he stared at the dog coldly.

"When I arrived in Nova Scotia," he said icily, "I wandered for a while..." He trailed off, remembering who he had wandered with - Flower. The female cat he had accompanied through his ventures had been his friend - his love. The memory of her stopped Element in his tracks and he remembered her - remembered her image, her tabby fur, her sapphire eyes. He remembered the pain he had felt upon realizing that, rather than missing, she was dead, and the rage he had encountered after he learned who had murdered her, and had attacked Flower's murderer. All of these images flashed by Element's mind, and he tried to shake himself out of his stupor, erasing the look of wistful longing off his face and retaining his cold contempt for the dog before him.

"I wandered for a while, and then I came across this library - no one was living here and the books were dirty and uncared for, so I, in my love of books, decided to take care of them. No one comes here except to borrow books, and they don't stay long," he told Giron, quite annoyed that the strange-looking canine had accused him - Element, of all people! - of stealing the library unfairly. The thought revolted the cat, and he sat stiffly, perturbed.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread