Old Haunts
[html]

Dubya See: 272

Giron had little left to say, this cat seemed legit. Proven innocent, for the moment. That, and seeing as how this was the only library he had found, made him a valuable acquaintance whose animosity he'd rather do without. He may not have been very keen on cat's body language, but something told him Kat-, err, Element was not at all pleased. He seemed rather cross, actually. 'Did I cause that? Eh, probably just another catty being over emotional.' Thought Giron, making sure not to voice his concern.

"They don't stay for long, you say? Very well, I shall find the book and be off. Is this the only library in the region? It'd be terrible if something else happened to this library, such as a fire, where would people get their reading materials then?" As Giron voiced his question, he smiled as another memory came to him. He'd heard someone else say those very same words, but whom? He hadn't talked to any fire insurance salesman recently. Right, Marvin the Mafia Mastiff! Giron's neurons fired up like a rusty steam engine slowly gaining power. The way he had heard that sentence and how he had just voiced it was as a threat. He was still looking at Element smiling. After being suspicious and not at all kind. . .

"I don't mean it like a threat, at all! I was curious, making sure if you had any back up plans and.." The last few words came out as mostly a mumble, as he felt like he was backpedaling on a unicycle. As far as he knew, he couldn't not ride the unicycle.

<style type="text/css">
.gironwater b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.beachooc { font-style:italic}
.gironwater p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 35px; margin:0px;}
.gironwater {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000961; background-image:url(http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5286/avatarot.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #28B3E5; padding: 185px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial; font-size:12px; color:#28B3E5; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.gironwater-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread