Hold me, for I am weak
She looked so weak and fragile, laying there in a heap that didnt look exactly comfortable. He wondered if she could move, but he didnt want to pick her up just yet. Despite his need to have her against his fur, despite his desperation to hold her against him, so tight that she might accidently slip inside his own skin and stay nestled against his heart for a long time, he knew he couldnt move her. She was too fragile, too breakable. And what if she flipped out at him for trying to take her away from their dead children? No, it was better to stay here, with her clutching his arm and him gently stroking away the tears as they fell. His own tracked down his cheeks, dripping onto his chest. Her squeek made him start, a look of intense disagreement over his face, How dare she blame this on herself.

"Don't you dare Demi... Don't you dare blame yourself for this. You were sick, there was nothing that could be done."

He argued, although there was no malice or anger in his voice. It came out in an altogether more pleading tone as he tried to pull her just a little closer. And in that moment, he was sure the feeling was mutual, but he wanted nothing more than to crawl inside Demi and disappear. If they both did it, they would both be gone. Her helpless words caused his gut to twist and he looked at her, wishing beyound doubt that he knew what to do as well. But he didnt and he shook his head softly.

"I dont know either Demi... I don't know what to do."

He thought about calling for Naniko, but he knew the white woman would blame him for it. He hadnt looked after her properly, hadnt fed her enough, overfed her. He felt so wrong sitting there, not knowing what to do. Blue eyes settled on the four bundles of mucus and fluid on the floor, hurting deep down within him.

Messages In This Thread