turn to stone
Arye observed the strange ritual that Saul carried out before her. She had not disrespected her food - other than probably in her early childhood. But she realized that it would be very respectful to pay homage to the life they had taken so that they could both carry on with the rest of their lives, feeding from the life of the deer. It was a very fitting ritual that Saul carried out, and one she decided that she might adapt. She didn't know about speaking aloud, but perhaps she could give a moment of silence after her next hunt.

The cream colored girl ate with gusto, relishing in the fading adrenaline from their hunt. Plus she did not want to let this deer to go to waste. She thought about the next time she would hunt - it would probably be with Prip. She would discuss this new ritual with him. Was this a new custom inherent to Ichika? The girl wasn't really sure, but as she matured she decided that she wanted to integrate pack custom into her own daily life. It would be must one more way to belong here.

The Chen-tao lifted honey colored eyes, clearing her throat as she realized that Pripyat would probably be looking for her at this point. They had yet to settle their home and so they tried to catch up with each other before the end of each day and to stick together. "Thank you for showing me the ritual and helping me hunt, but I must find my friend. I hope we can see each other soon," she said, inclining her head respectfully to the male before loping off in pursuit of the storm-colored Soul.

Messages In This Thread