ten nights of the beast
[html]

He was lucky in many ways. Both of his parents had abandoned him in their own ways. His half-brothers and half-sisters were scattered and lost, and the only one that had mattered had told him to go. His full-brother was dead. His sister was all that had remained, and he had taken her with him. For all their sprawling, tangled family, there had been no one else to know, or to care, or to miss him. He was freer than most would ever be in this sense. Of course, it was ironic, too, that his new family, his only family now, had walked away from him in a similar way. His daughters were wandering. Their mother was still.

Kharma smiled for the first time that night, though it was not a happy one. "To look for my sister," he answered. To look for his mate. To look for his daughters' mother. Perhaps those unspoken words proved that he was a Lykoi more than anything else. There was something wrong with him, Rachias too, and there always had been. He laughed. "But I think... I think I probably won't see her again." He had never believed that he was a pessimist, but he was tired, and she was still gone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread