horrid
Big Grin
3+

Let it not be said that Jace Denahlii was a woman unplagued by stubbornness; it was in the set of her jaw, in the fire her gaze contained and the strength of her personality, she was very much her mother's daughter. She looked before herself and saw not a monster like he thought, just an aged leader of those 'dreamers and fools' as he so eloquently put, scarred by time and enemy action. True she knew nothing of his past but Jace could see beyond the history, beyond the harsh exterior with eyes that were calculating and yet still containing warmth. But still his words hit at her, he was determined to isolate himself and alienate her. Her fingers raised to her face and gently traced over the claw scars there.

She was surprisingly unsurprised at his admission of rape and murder, as though she somehow expected it to be lingering about his person, it was no great shock to her to learn that her former leader had committed such offenses. She raised and lowered a shoulder as a reaction to his words, people were born and people died. At his final words she snorted, finding the irony of the words almost amusing. He wanted to protect her children from a monster and yet they would be born of and cared for by a monster; for there was no doubt what she had done to Argul was monstrous, she told him as much,

"I am not without sin myself. I have tortured and murdered, knowingly and willingly with all my mental capacities intact. I've done so on these very lands as well as in other places. Do not presume I am an innocent girl, my children will be born of someone who is also a monster." A wry smile came to her face, she had not told a soul of how she treated the pup killer and now she had told a Soul, the thought make her chuckle inside a little.. maybe she was as screwed up as the man sitting beside her.

Messages In This Thread