Familliar Stranger (AW)
[html]

WC:000+ - I feel really bad for Shaw right now. ;-; Sky's being so mean.

The note? She'd been too afraid to read it. She'd expected some sort of break-up letter, not a reason as to why he'd left. Sure, she'd given that option a thought back then but that fear was still enough to drive her away from it. He went on to explain, and as he did, the more he said, the more her features softened up. He hadn't left her... he'd gone to help his family back home. Her shoulders sagged a bit at the mention of his son, and then again as he told her he loved her... and assumed she'd stopped loving him.

For a while, she refused to speak, fighting an inner battle. Then, without scowling or growling, she offered him a hand up. Get inside, you shabby dog. It looks as if you haven't had a good day in years. Her tone was... bitter, but still held a hint of invitation, forgiveness maybe. If he took her hand, she'd haul him up (with impressive strength, considering how weak she'd been before he'd left) and then she'd sigh, brushing off her hands and shaking a new bruised fist.

I never read the note... I was... I didn't want to. She admitted, heading up the stairs and readjusting one of the skulls (the same three Argul had left on the porch months before) so it wasn't uneven with the rest. A lot has changed since you've been gone, Shawchert. The pack's been doing well under Skye's rule, but for a while there it seemed as if we'd end up disbanding. She looked back at him and glared. I get that you had to go help your family... your mother... I would've done the same thing. The timing was bad, though. We lost a lot of members because of what that monster did to us.

She waved for him to follow her and stepped inside. The house was rearranged with new decorations and a new layer of paint on the walls. Everything was cleaner, though the floor still had the red stains from various events before. I'm sure it's a fair guess to say you've rejoined D'Arte. It wasn't a question. What rank did Skye give you? Her voice sounded... not unfriendly... but... distant. Business only, in a way. It wasn't Sky the lovely woman speaking. It was Sky, D'Arte's only medic. He'd have to work hard to get her back to being Sky, the woman again.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread