Familliar Stranger (AW)
She softened and Shaw was slightly relieved, but he knew he wasn't out of the doghouse yet. He smiled slightly as she helped him up. It was one of the few he had made since coming back to Cercatori.

"It's been a few months since I've had a good day... a good few months. There are things I wish I could take back...."

He said. She spoke as she adjusted a skull. It made Shaw shudder and look over where the spectral son of his was waiting. He refused to enter Sky's house, maybe because of the skulls but the boy did not want to enter again. Shaw would not try to bring the boy to it and he sat on the couch tentitively

"I know it was a bad time to leave, it was a horrible time, the worst time. I was so worried for you, then I get a message about my mother... and well I flipped. She was the only one of my whole pack that had cared for me, she taught me everything I knew. I couldn't let her stay there... to die...but it didn't matter, I was too late, she was dead before I got past the first of them."

He rubbed his hand in his hair, he barely noticed the changes in her house, he wouldn't mention them, at least not now. He wanted to tel her, let it out, he hated himself for leaving, and knew he shouldn't have. He didn't want to tell her about the ghost that followed him though.

"I'm here to stay. I want to do what is good for the pack I made, for you, and for those I couldn't help. I will be the packs protector. I was no leader, I was no helper, I did everything wrong, but from now on, nothing intent with evil comes in these lands. Skye has made me a craftsman. I will do my duty to this pack from now on."

He looked up at his once near mate, would things ever be the same between them? She seemed so distant, unhappy. He hated her being unhappy...

"I never meant to make you think I was running from you. If I had the time I would have found you and told you, but I didn't. I've had a good while to work on something apologetic, though I made something for you, I know now it will take me a lot more and a lot longer for us to be together again. I will make a spot for me in the Terrace. I want you to know my heart will forever be yours, no matter what you feel about me.

He said, pulling from his tattered bag a carved item. It was a rose, and in the middle had a heart shape, with a message saying "forever yours" on it. He knew a carving wouldn't bring her back but it was a start

Messages In This Thread