Shadows of the Past
[html]

Even the habitually stoic TaeKyung was not immune to the intrigue of his mystical pets. It wasn't a personal victory by any stretch of the imagination—only Nature could take credit for their fascinating glow—but it warmed him to see her (relatively) excited, curiosity piqued. “Snails,” he responded. “Specifically Dyakia Striata. They're from Singapore,” he added carefully, searching her countenance for any signs of recognition in the pale green light. He had referenced a map since they first met, and although the two nations were still vastly separated, they were much closer than most other places that held any significance to him. “And I'm not sure how. It's probably like a firefly,” he concluded softly.

Were they a good thing? He chuckled softly to himself, not because of the inquiry itself, but simply for how absurd his mollusc-infested garden must seem to anyone else. He had to be the first farmer in the history of time to encourage the primitive pests, but so far they had only done minimal damage to his bountiful crop. He provided them other fruits and vegetables they seemed to like more, so they had no reason to feast excessively on the marijuana or poppies. He still saw a few leaves nibbled on here and there, though. “No purpose; just aesthetics—they look neat,” he clarified.

As for the plants? A tentative nod. “Those are medicinal, I suppose.” They could be. “Opium poppies and weed; good for pain and tension,” he explained. “Or for just making the snails look even cooler,” he added with a mischievous smirk. “This patch of other stuff in the back actually belongs to a friend of mine; these 're used in aromatherapy, making incense.” He shrugged, knowing little of what Alae did with her plants or what they were called. He'd discovered the seeds on his doorstep one afternoon and planted a handful to see how they did—they were growing well, and he had plans to raise a second greenhouse to accommodate the rest of the seeds sometime soon.

Slow zero is slow. Dx
<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2ct.png),url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail2cb.png); background-position:top center, bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat, no-repeat; border:none; padding: 65px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype',palatino,serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail2-inner {width:370px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail2-wc {text-indent:100px; font-weight:bold; line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:left;}
.barrett-snail2 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread