I'll stay in the woods [P]
[html]

No worries hun, sometimes real life gets in the way, I'm sorry that it's taken me a while to reply here too Smile

The sable female could not help but be intrigued by her younger mirror image, the lithe girl seemed to be a younger version of the sable matriarch herself, seeming to understand the way that the female thought, the way that she acted, in another time she could have passed for Soran herself, both in looks and in attitude. The younger girl spoke and Soran watched her as she did so, ears perking to catch the sounds as her eyes fixed on the girl to watch the motions that came with them. She nodded as the girl spoke, managing a slight smile, the female was right, it was indeed a cruel world, filled with injustice and pain, Soran knew this better than most, as it seemed Lucia did as well, they had both suffered at the hands of those who had coyote blood, the elder ebony loner with Hollow and then with Inferni's war on Syemv, Lucia by being betrayed by a male who had left her at the hands of the most renowned pack for being ruthless and cruel. The sable pelted female understood all too well how Lucia must be feeling, a long time ago Soran too had wished for justice on the Inferni coyotes, hoping for something to come along and wipe them out, to punish them for their behaviour, alas it had yet to happen, and if truth be told the ebony female had softened over the years, she was more likely to forgive and to judge individual coyotes as individuals rather than by her view of the coyote pack. At least this green eyed girl seemed to know that not all vengeance would make one feel better themselves, this had been something that Soran had known, that she had had to learn, in the end an attempt of vengeance could be just as damaging for the doer as it was for the receiver, one had to accept that sometimes things reached an impasse, that one had to let things go, she was glad that Lucia still hoped for justice but understood that it might not bring her happiness, it showed that she was at least sensible."Life is indeed hard Lucia, many things are trying in it, no doubt there are larger obstacles to clear, bigger hurdles to overcome, perhaps we shall be more ready this time though. I am glad that you have realised that sometimes finding ones enemies have received what they deserve may not always bring you happiness, sometimes revenge is not as sweet as some make it seem to be." The sable female replied, her tone warmer than it had been, she took another sip from the flask as she listened to the female speak once again.

The offer of help made the ebony loner's mouth break into a smile, she could not deny that she was touched by this younger female's offer of help, to see such an unhappy creature willing to help gave the sable female some hope for the others in these lands. She thought on Naniko again, unable to bear the idea of something being wrong with her but not knowing what it was, she had said that she was going to raise better pups this time... Why? What had happened with her eldest litter to cause such a problem? She doubted that it was a fault with them, surely Haven would have revealed something had it been any of her four grandchildren that had been to blame, there was something wrong with the sable grandmother's pale daughter and she was going to have to find out what it was.
"Thank you Lucia, the offer is very generous, I am not sure what can be done about it though, Naniko is proud and the leader of Anathema, I worry that the fault is with her, but of course nowadays she keeps her business very closely guarded, I would appreciate any information that you might have about it, but do not go out of your way to find information. Is there anything that I might do for you in return?" The jet pelted matriarch asked the younger girl, her mirror image, her voice earnest, she would like to help this girl in any way that she could, it seemed to Soran that Lucia had not often had kindness extended to her in the past and the older wolf was keen to show her that it did indeed exist. The girl then said that she had lived with the coyotes for half a year at least and Soran's eyes widened, she was rather shocked that the younger girl had managed to last so long in what seemed to be a cutthroat environment, she was slightly impressed with the younger female's resilience. The girl then took the drink that Soran had offered her and explained why she lived in the woods, the sable female nodded, it made sense to her as well, it was a nice private place where one could sit and gather their thoughts, it was simply bad luck that this pair had found one another, or perhaps it was good luck, they were managing to break the monotony of one another's days, even if that was it.
"I see... I am staying here for very similar reasons, I have been a wanderer for a long time and have no real reason to chose a home to settle in yet, this place seemed as good as any to set up camp. It is quiet, it provides solitude and it is relatively comfortable. You are more than welcome for the drink, it is not often that I do so anymore myself, but why not, today is an occasion of sorts after all." The sable female paused, not saying whether today was a good occasion or a bad one, the truth was that it was a bad one, it was an occasion where Soran had no idea what to do next. She took another sip from the flask and handed it back to Lucia.
"How did you stop from going mad with all of those coyotes around you?" The female asked, suddenly intrigued.

<style type="text/css"> .sa2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9b1bd; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #5c697b;} .sa2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa2 {margin:0px auto; width:455px; background-color:#324357; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 375px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread