M-Modern Day Blues
He slumped into his chair, turning to lean against the bar nodding at her comment about his family jewels. Oh they still bothered him, would for a while. He only nodded and acknowledged the bow with a stupid grin. The marine took another healthy swig of his drink while he looked across that the perturb girl. Noting her features, she normally wouldn’t have been his type, little to lithe, not a very endearing or nice soul but still he couldn’t figure out now what was drawing him to her. Must have been the alcohol.

“Just got back from Afghanistan. Fresh off the plane. When you’ve been through as many battles, life and death struggles as I have, you’ll realize, there is no drug that could mimic the pure adrenaline running through your body. So within three days, you tell me if I still don’t feel the same need for that rush?” he had answered her question in a roundabout way but he still didn’t forget that she hadn’t answered his. Which was one of his favorite tactics. But it didn’t matter, whatever she chose to dress as he would just have to put up with it for now.

“So what’s your name miss, if your hell bent on treating this like a normal bar conversation? Should I now say some witty pick up line so you can punch me? Because it is rather tempting” he said, his eyebrow arching.

Messages In This Thread