M-Modern Day Blues
She raised the glass to her lips and held it there in mid air as she listened to the stranger speak. Funnily enough, soldier boy claimed to have been, well, an actual soldier, but what he said made a reasonable amount of sense so she simply dipped her head in a simple nod, then took another sip of her drink. “That’s all good and well, just don’t start on me next time dick” she mumbled, her anger finally starting to subside; adrenaline rushes she could relate to, so she couldn’t hold his actions against him, but she could hold his poor choice of target against him. Taking another sip, she relaxed into her seat a little more, slowly adjusting to being in the presence of the other.

“Call me miss again and you won’t need some witty pick up line to earn yourself a punch” she responded sharply then paused to think, lifting a hand she waved an open palm between them, “Wait, feel free to give the witty pick up line, suddenly have the compulsive urge to hit you in the face and need a reason to do so.” She smiled sweetly at him, in contrast to her words. They guy had one of those faces that needed to be hit and his choice of words just added to the need. “Gotta be able to claim self defence and all that jazz. Or would being insulted first even count in self defence?” she was practically talking to herself, drifting of into thought half way through.

Idily, she bit on her thumb in a gesture of thought and then allowed her hand to fall free and reached for the glass and took another drink. “I’m Taylor” she finally introduced herself, mimicking his expression and lifting her own eyebrow.

Messages In This Thread