M-Modern Day Blues
A grey-green eye remained fixed upon the other, watching him in a wary fashion as he turned to face her. This one confused her, to say the least. Most men she’d encountered before and especially those aware of her true gender had been easy to read and figure out, and yet this one remained a mystery to her. What does he want from me? The question was bugging her and her curiosity began to flare, anchoring her to her stool even after she drowned the last of the glass’s contents. Twisting around on the stool, she angled her body slightly more towards the other, but not quite fully around like he had.

As the bartender looked her way she waved her glass and mouthed ‘another’ in his direction, not bothering to offer the strange male a drink; she was being pleasant and remotely well mannered and that was all the guy was getting out of her, she was a tight wad and would not waste money on buying a complete stranger a drink. Distracted as she was with ordering a drink, she’d almost missed what the other had said. Almost. Two eyebrows rose as her eyes narrowed and she turned to face the other and shot the guy a suspicious look in response.

Still staring at the other with a guarded expression, she noted the grin upon his face and before she knew it she was laughing at his audacity. To say the least, this one before her was an interesting drinking companion. When he introduced his name, she gave a slight nod, accompanied by “Strange, but then who am I to judge.”

In the sneakiest way she could manage, she allowed her eyes to run over the other, this time making a point to get a good look at him; alls fair, since he’d had a good feel, she’d have a good look. Once finished, she grabbed the drink the bartender offered and took a sip. I think the drinks getting to my head or this guys remotely good looking. She wasn't sure what shocked her more; the fact she'd so boldly checked him out when he was right next to her, or the fact she liked what she saw. Not that she was gonna let him know the last part.

Messages In This Thread