a mountain is a mouth eating up the sky
[html]

We could totally do an AIM thread between the three! And a LASKY thread yes please. Big Grin

Tayui was growing more and more agitated as the wolf spoke. He was very forthright and blunt, but so much so that it made it difficult for her to reply. It was as if he expected some sort of answer, and was already onto his second question before Tayui could respond. Even as he posed his second question, she knew his mind was made up -- about something. That thing, however, eluded Tayui as she could not quite figure out what his angle was. Yes, he was her son: she understood that much; but beyond that, she still struggled. He was angry. Tayui couldn't remember the circumstances of Shaeniire's other litter, but it must not have been pleasant if he was this upset. The fact that Tayui didn't remember it meant that Shaeniire had not spent much time with that family, either. How very sad.

"My boy," she began slowly, not realizing until it was too late the double-meaning, "she died many years ago. She fell down a cliff and died. When you said she came back to you, I thought you meant as a ghost. After she died, she returned as a ghost and stayed with me for a few months until she either lost herself or passed on. I'm sorry to give you this news; she was well-loved, by you -- and I." She didn't want to be the one to bring him such sad tales and she didn't want to be as unfeeling as Aurèle had when she had reported Noir's death, but it was so old and so long ago. Shaeniire had been dead for years, and while Tayui still thought of her, their family had been split up and the only remnant, Ember Phoenix, was gone too. She felt like she had lost everything that connected her to Shaeniire until now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread