2 game wardens, 7 hunters and a cow...
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Excuse me using the word sploosh, it just sounded better than splash lol.

pushitinSoran was watching the little rabbit, wondering if it's large dark eyes would suddenly find her, if it would suddenly freeze with fright, unable to move under the jade gaze of the dark hunter watching it. It's ears were twitching in her general direction, clearly it could hear her drinking but it hadn't seen her yet. This was good, though the obsidian lady had not decided if she wanted to catch it or not, she was in need of breakfast, but until she had slaked her thirst she would not be moving, she lowered her head to the water again, lapping slowly, quietly at the crisp water, if the rabbit was still there when she had had her fill, it would indeed become her breakfast, it was just big enough to be a decent meal, but not too filling to slow her down, she was planning to catch many rabbits this morning, having run out of the dried rabbit meat in her pack. It was her food of choice when she was travelling, and she would indeed have another journey on her hands soon, she would go and see Haven again, see if she could find Mati as well, perhaps her young granddaughter would know where Conri was, or even Khaden or Dhalia, surely one of her grandchildren would know the whereabouts of their father, aunt and uncle, her three children could not have disappeared without any trace, could they? And if there was the slightest chance of Soran finding any of the three she would take it, hunt them to the ends of the earth if she had to, she had to make amends, had to gain their forgiveness, be their mother again. But she needed a starting point, she had wandered aimlessly looking for them and it had proved fruitless, she needed a lead before she would set out after them again.
pushitinA sudden crack echoed through the forest, the rabbit froze, it's eyes roving wildly, looking for where the sound had come from, it's eyes fell on something behind Soran and it bolted, racing away and diving deep into the undergrowth, away from Soran, safe from harm. The obsidian fae gave a little sigh, no matter, she would find another, the place had an abundance of them, there would be a few that were a little slower, a little less cautious than that one. It was then an apology rang in Soran's ears, it was a female voice, quite nearby to her, somewhere behind her. The dark fae began to turn to see who the owner of the voice was, when she suddenly placed a paw on a much more slippery rock than the rest. In one motion and with a loud "splooosh" sound, the dark fae tumbled head over tail straight into the stream, the water soaking her through, she came back up sneezing, her nose being full of water. Shame burned over her, the obsidian fae had always prided herself on being fairly graceful and this act of clumsiness in front of a complete stranger was more than a little embarrassing. And then it suddenly hit her, the realisation that with all that had been going on she was more worried about a little embarrassment. It was ridiculous, she turned her head to meet the speaker's eyes, fixing her gaze on hers and began to laugh, a loud, cheerful, proper laugh, unlike any she had managed in a long time.
pushitinOnce she had regained her composure she smiled at the dark stranger.
"Oh don't worry about it, as you can see with my current grace and agility first thing in the morning I wouldn't have managed to catch it anyway." She said, clambering out of the stream, moving a few paces away from the dark fae.
"Excuse me a moment, I better just dry off." She added, shaking out her dense jet fur, spraying the surrounding area with little beads of water. When she had finished she looked at the dark fae before her again, she seemed a nice enough sort, observant enough at least to have apologised for potentially spoiling another's breakfast.
"I'm Soran, who are you?" The dark lady ventured, still assessing the very large female before her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread