2 game wardens, 7 hunters and a cow...
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Sorry for the wait again, the internet here isn't great... I'm housesitting so I'm not with my usual internets lol. And yes I'm fine now thanks for asking, nothing a couple of painkillers and a good night's sleep couldn't fix. (I used to work at a hospital in Neurosurgery, as a nurse, so luckily I know the danger signs of a bad head injury lol.) Also, squeaky prey things, I <3 Lloni lol.

pushitinThe ebony ae began to stretch herself out, just her front legs and hind legs, leaning first one way and then the other, just to stretch out her shoulders and hips, make sure she would be able to chase her prey with her usual agility, matching them swerve for swerve and dodge for dodge. At her age, she needed to make sure she was properly stretched out, just to prevent any aches and pains from suddenly catching up with her. The dark lady's ear cocked up as Lloni spoke, ah so she was a traveller and a wanderer as well, the ebony fae could certainly relate to that, she herself had not had a proper home until she was 2 years old, when Syemv had taken her in, and even then the green eyed lady had always been a wanderer, she had always been exploring. She realised what a shame it was that this younger fae had never had the chance to see the old lands, they held a wealth of human artifacts and books, even an old city, the green eyed mother had been there herself many a time, she had at one point gained quite a library, all gone now though of course, such a shame as well, it had taken her a great many years to get it to a stage where she was really proud of it. And now it was nothing more than a pile of ashes, shrivelled yellowing pages hidden under fallen beams and inches upon inches of burnt house.
"I can certainly agree with that, I have wandered for most of my life actually, though I have belonged to packs as well, I used to be a Gamma wolf in an old pack, you may not know this but the wolves that live here used to inhabit other lands, lands to the North, unfortunately they burnt to the ground, so they relocated here, that's where the old pack was. I have some books in my satchel if you would want to swap them to give you something new to read, once we've finished hunting of course." The ebony fae said, nodding towards her leather satchel, still curled against the tangle of tree roots where she had left it.
pushitinSoran listened again as Lloni spoke, yes she agreed with what she was saying, it was as good a place as any to stay she supposed, and she had known more strange behaviours in packs, who was the ebony fae to judge them if that's what they wanted to do, she may not agree with it totally, but that's not to say that it wasn't right for the individuals practising it. The ebony fae did not see any reason why Lloni would not have a happy time there, if she found the culture interesting and kept an open mind the dark lady thought that she would probably get on quite well.
"Oh yes, it is indeed a fascinating culture, I think you'd get along quite well with them if you're willing to keep an open mind, though you must respect that a lot of them truely believe in what they are doing, so you musn't sound too sceptical if they start talking to you about it." The dark fae gave a small laugh then, hoping to lighten the mood, worrying that she sounded as if she was lecturing the younger fae, which she felt was not her place at all.
"If you come across Naniko if you do decide to join Anathema, tell her that you're my friend, I cannot promise it will help you join the pack, but it might, also do send her my love, please."
pushitinOn the subject of Naniko, the ebony fae nodded slowly, yes she was her ex-daughter in law and she loved her as a daughter, this younger fae had indeed understood what she had meant, the next comment, about grandchildren made the ebony fae laugh, not only was she a grandmother, she was a great grandmother, when she herself had never even been planning to be a mother, although she was glad she had been a mother, even if she was not a very good one, she hoped to be a much better grandmother and great grandmother.
"Oh yes, I had never planned to be a mother either, but things ended up making me one, believe it or not I actually have great grandchildren, they came as quite a shock to me I can tell you, so did my grandchildren, they seem wonderful, but it does help make me feel old." Soran laughed, thinking about little Robin who was so curious, and her handsome grandson, so tall and noble.
pushitinThe ebony lady always found watching another change fascinating, she smiled patiently as she waited for the younger lady to change into a four legged stance, the dark lady personally found hunting in this form much easier, you did not have to duck to get under branches, it was easier to turn on your heels to follow a sudden change in your prey's direction, it was just much easier she felt. Soran chuckled as Lloni referred to the rabbits as squeaky prey things, she found the way that this younger fae spoke very amusing, it was entertaining, without the ebony lady feeling that she was laughing at the younger girl, rather with her.
"We call them rabbits around these areas you know." Soran said, flashing Lloni a smile to show that she was just teasing, that anything she said was in jest and not meant to offend.
"The rabbits seem to be gathering on the other side of this stream, shall we?" The lady asked with another smile, before turning to pad across a narrow part of the stream.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread