2 game wardens, 7 hunters and a cow...
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this!!! I've not had my laptop 'cos it's being fixed so I've been having to borrow my little bro's and he doesn't give it up easy lol. And I just loved the way you put it, made me laugh "squeaky prey things" it's all good Smile Aplogies for the length of this, I have new tables and they seem to have kick-started my muse again Smile

The ebony fae listened to Lloni speak, nodding as she said about the fire, the dark lady hadn't realised that news had travelled that far, it had indeed reached her fairly quickly, so she supposed that others had heard about it as well, passed on the news of the homes of many packs suddenly being gone, suddenly burned to the ground, leaving nothing but a charred mess and shattered memories behind it. Soran was especially hurt by the loss of the old lands, it had been her first home, she had first found acceptance there, she had never been accepted by her own pack as a pup, her black fur marking her as evil in their eyes. But when she had arrived in the Bleeding Souls lands she had met many black wolves and discovered that they were indeed decent and normal as she considered herself to be. She had been enveloped into pack life, she had a home, a family, she had been loved, in fact it had been the first place that the obsidian loner had fallen in love, her pups had been born there, her friends were buried there. It had been home, and now it was all gone, she worried that the place was fading from everyone's minds, that it was being forgotten, it would never be in her mind, her heart still resided there, well it was split in two, resting with her family here and her buried family back in the old lands, buried and now hidden under several inches of ash. Although not her children's graves, and not Phasma's, she had cleaned those before she left, she had made sure that their graves could be seen, no-one would forget who lay there when they passed by, no-one would step over their graves unknowingly. "Yes it was awful, we lost everything, our homes, our history, our pasts, although some consider that a good thing. I go there sometimes still, my children are buried there, as are a few of my friends, I go to make sure their graves have not been hidden, I cannot forget them completely after all." Soran said, managing a weak smile although she was talking about something that hurt her heart.

The ebony lady nodded in agreement as Lloni spoke again, she could not abide not knowing how a story ended either, she wanted to know what happened. She wanted her happy endings, even if they were happening to some fictional character, if they got theirs, then at least she had hope for her own happy endings. She could see what the larger female meant, it would be awful to not know what happened to characters that you had come to have an affection for, she herself was always hungry to know what happened next. The conversation came back to religion and the dark lady was pleased, it seemed that her new friend had a good amount of tact; she could nod along well although she did not necessarily agree with what was going on, a trait she would need to cultivate in these lands, you never knew who you might encounter, what strange ways they might have, and so many of them did have strange ways, although they were not always bad, just percieved as strange. The larger female's promise seemed so genuine, and instantly the ebony lady found herself liking her even more, she seemed an honest creature who would potentially even go out of her way to make sure a message got to the right person. It warmed the dark fae's heart to see that there were still some wonderful wolves who would behave like that, honour was still alive."Thank you Lloni, like I said I cannot guarentee that it would get you into the pack, but it may help you if you tell my Naniko that you're my friend, I take it we could be considered friends now, hunting partners usually end up that way." Soran said, a little chuckle escaping her lips at the end of the sentence.

Lloni then spoke of children, she sounded like the obsidian lady herself when she had been younger, having never planned on ever having children, even having found herself falling in love with a female wolf, which she supposed would have almost guarenteed it. But then Summer had died and she had sought comfort in the arms of Hollow, trusting him had been a terrible mistake, although the result had been Conri, who was her best ever mistake. It was true her red son had done some terrible things, but the truth of it was that he had saved her life numerous times, he had saved her from herself, too many times she had been on a path of self destruction, and he had rescued her, simply by existing. He had given her the hope that things might get better, and although she still carried so much hurt around with her, things were steadily getting better, she could almost see a light flickering at the end of the tunnel now; it was a start at least.
"Ah, you think that now, but one day you shall find someone who shines so brightly you cannot help but fall in love with them," Soran replied, pausing for a moment, thinking of her Summer and Deuce, it was true, the pair of them had shone brighter than any star, than the sun even, they had created a glow in the ebony lady that she could not ignore, they had brought heart fire along with them, and the obsidian female had been far from immune to either of their charms. "And then my dear you may find yourself having pups as well, they don't slow you down as much as you'd think, in fact I found myself completely unable to keep up with Conri, he was so curious, he wanted to know about anything and everything; as quickly as possible of course, he was always in and out of things, he used to be very good at getting hiomself into trouble, he was too darn smart for his own good, that's for sure. Soran laughed again as she ended the sentence, it was true, Conri had been more than a handful, she supposed it was lucky that there had just been him, any more and she would have been run ragged within a matter of weeks.

The fact that spilled from Lloni's lips made the ebony lady smile, she had not known that, she had never really looked hares up, she found them to be amusing creatures, far more agile than rabbits, but she had never really thought about the damage they might do to one another with their boxing. "I did not know that, although I did know that it is not two males boxing, it's a female fighting off a male's advances usually, to test his strength I suppose." The lady replied, padding across the stream quickly, the water not seeming as deep as when she had fallen into it before, she clambered up onto the bank, lowering herself towards the ground to avoid being seen. "There appears to be a group of them over there, the plumper ones seem to be towards the middle, which way do you want to go? I think we should pen them in, surround them, then we can probably catch a few each."The ebony fae suggesting, nodding to the rabbits up ahead, they could flank them and then catch some each in the ensuing panic.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread