I'm Just a Shadow
[html]

Hello all. This is my third post. To get an idea of what Zalen has been going through the last couple days PLEASE check out my post log. I’m on the very last page at the very bottom so it’s easy to find me :-) Zalen is in musquodoboit valley near the lake. All are welcome to join. <3

Finally dusk has descended into night and Zalen has dissolved into the darkness around him. This was when he felt the most safe, the most calm. It would be hard for anyone to spot him now, even others of his kind with their keen eyes. His fur was so matte black that it was looking into a black hole, complete devoid of light. And so he moved in between the trees and scrub like a living shadow.

God he was tired. He had been on the move for three days straight and was hitting a wall physically. He was dirty, he was hungry, and he was exhausted. But he was glad to be away from that terrible coyote territory. The scents around him now were distinctly wolf and that brought peace to his mind. Among his own kind again. He was also reassured that he sensed Theodore Stone here, the black male that he had met more than a day ago. Perhaps he was now in Anathema lands, which meant he was among friends. He hoped at least.

Suddenly the trees cleared and Zalen found himself in front of a small lake that glittered in the moonlight. Finally! He did not hesitate to bury his face in the cool water and drink until he was fit to burst. Quenched he sat down for a moment and then stretched his tired muscles. Perhaps here would be a good place to rest for the night. But first he must bathe, he could hardly stand the smell of himself.

Silently Zalen shifted to his optime form. In a few minutes the average timber wolf had grown and twisted into the lithe and humanesque form that characterized his race. He took a moment to let the pain of the change subside and then he stepped into the water, awkwardly and still on all fours. He submerged himself, letting the cool water drench deep into his thick fur, it was heaven. He ran his claws through his long mane, removing dirt and debris. Then he stood, still waste deep in the water, and shook, sending sparkling drops of water into the night air. He was revived!

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-space b {font-weight:bold; color:#0eadf7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px;}
.zalen-space .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.zalen-space p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-space {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7jVne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0621E7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread