the room, the sun and the sky
[html]

Replying readily to this thread because I likes it and I need more Micah posts. Big Grin Hope that's okay!

The kindness in her eyes had apparently been set to a timer, and with the clucking of her tongue the kindly look within them vanished. He ducked further behind his curls, ashamed of himself, ashamed to be wasting her time. Why didn't she just leave? He wasn't worth conversation, no, wasn't worth a second of attention from someone who important, so beautiful, so headstrong and capable, all unlike he. Brown eyes looked ever so desolately at her from between his white-streaked curls, a gaze of subdued distress and utter shame. I'm so worthless.

"Y-y-yes, you're right," he mumbled, forcing a small smile with as little honest heart behind it as his words had. Don't make her mad, Micah; she'll have you sent away, and then you'll go hungry again... Her name is the same as Skye's, after all... Smile and nod, just like back in Juniper...

Swallowing a lump in his throat, he searched for words to shape into some sort of decent conversation. "I like the sheep," he blurted suddenly, only then realizing how stupid it sounded. Visibly wincing at his own stupidity, the boy followed up with an increasingly vibrating voice, as the tremors in his bones picked up with the onslaught of anxiety. "I-I mean, they're calm and quiet and n-n-nice to watch, b-but... I-I fell out of the tree and it got me, I-I just... I really didn't want to hurt her, so I-I thought she might just give up if I kept pulling... I'm just not very good with animals.." Indeed, the rope around the sheep's neck was more brutish than Micah would have ever attempted, but he was grateful for the rescue nonetheless.

<style>
.rainsoundmooc {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.rainsoundmcred {font-family: arial; font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.rainsoundm p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rainsoundm b {color:#FAF85B; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.0em #FE0100; letter-spacing:.1px;}
.rainsoundm {font-family: 'Cousine', arial, serif; font-size:11px; color:#707070; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.rainsoundminner{background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dmicah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:20px 0px 90px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread