the room, the sun and the sky
[html]

WC:000+ - Big Grin Fine with me! I love posts!

When Micah responded to her 'pep talk', it was dishonest and obviously so, at least to the wolfdog. She'd spent her entire life looking past the outer shells of people to find the truth behind their words. It was something she was good at. She could tell a person what every flick of an ear meant, why she didn't like the whole dominance display with eye contact, things like that. But she left it for now. The boy was simply anxious and small and it would take more than some pep talk to fix that.

Then he spoke again and she flicked her ears, blue eyes back on his face. She opened her mouth to reply to his comment but he started stuttering again. She gave him a thoughtful look, as if debating on something. When he finished, she grinned. Not hard to learn. Why don't we strike up a little deal, Micah? She brought a hand down to the sheep beside her, touching its ears gently. I've got a pet goat back home and I help tend to the barn on my spare time. Why don't you take this hair muncher to the barn, where we can get her used to us and I can teach you the ins and outs of it?

Of course, this wasn't the only one she'd grab. The entire flock seemed perfect for the pack, plenty of wool and meat. She eyed them and grinned even wider, an expression almost worthy of Bangle, Skye's mate. And while you take this one back... I'll round up the rest. We could use the extra livestock and wool. She smiled wryly, glad to have some dog in her for once. Herding the small flock of sheep would be easy, even alone.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread