the smell of wine and cheap perfume
[html]

Ugh, this post sucks. I am bad at dialogue, wah. :< Next one will be better. >< 300+

Sage listened to Talitha's words in silence, amber eyes fixed on the waves in somber thought. Would she really send away her own children for their looks? The Optio narrowed black-lined eyes at this idea, frowning as she blew out a puff of smoke. She shook her head softly; a good mother wouldn't exile her own child because of their eyes, or their fur, or their shape. The tan girl chose not to respond to these words, letting her quiet gesture be an vague statement of it's own. She wanted Talitha to know that she would not be a failure if her children were not "perfect", but the concern was locked at the back of her throat with her cousin's next words.

Slowly, her ears fell back against her head, and she looked down, away. She had known that Talitha was convinced that Sage had no true place in Inferni; Halo and a few others held the same opinion. It hadn't bothered her, at first, but eventually, the blatant avoidance, angry stares, and general poor attitude had worn away at her. Maybe she really should leave; life with Daddy did sound so much more nice. But didn't she still have a job to do here? "Part of my heart is here;" she admitted, her voice soft and nearly sad, "it's not that easy." The idea of just packing up and leaving left her feeling heartbroken. Sage was tied to Inferni, no doubt, but it was a hard place for her to flourish. "Anyways, I belong here just as much as you do; you just think I don't because we believe different things," she said firmly, almost child-like, bringing the smoldering stick to her mouth again and sucking. "But that isn't fair, Talitha..." she finished, trailing off as cloudy wisps of smoke accompanied her words.

<style>
.sage-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.sage-b01 {background-color:#699A2D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/gvgX0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#406813; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.sage-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.sage-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #022D60; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread