buy the city sell the farm
[html]

A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.

Tayui nodded quietly and quickly and response as Anu spoke in an attempt to absorb as much information as she could. She was eager to know more about her old friend and escape these torrid woes that plagued her so. She wanted to forget even more a moment of what her life had become. She would return to it soon enough, but if she could just enjoy this moment, suspended in time, she would feel much happier. If she could enjoy this moment while accepting all the others that precipitated it, she would be even happier.

Maybe not happy, since she hadn’t been happy in months; but maybe being just content would satisfy her for the time being.

Wow, she breathed. Three winters. She had been in AniWaya for two and now this winter would be her first without a true allegiance. She’d joined Anathema, then Salsola, and now she was barely a member at all. She just didn’t care anymore. She had lost her Shadowed devotion.

I lived in AniWaya for two years. My children were born there, too. I moved back to the mountains about a year ago and then joined another pack. I’m in Salsola now, a pack far to the north, past Inferni. But I still miss Jaded Shadows, she admitted. What are your sons names? she asked, hoping to change the conversation.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread