planting in the early morning
He looked up as the leader approached, and smiled in welcome at her. He stood up, brushing the dirt off the knees of his jeans. "Not a problem, Miss Skye. I had plenty of Garlic left from my earlier harvest, so I thought it would be a good addition to the garden. I have other herbs and the like at home too." When she asked what it could be used for, he grinned easily. "Get ready for a mini lecture," he laughed.

"Besides being used to cook with for flavoring, a small clove of garlic can be used to deter fleas, worms and other pests. It keeps the heart healthy. You can also use it to lower fevers. Some cultures made a paper from the skins and wrote on it. In ancient times, before glue was made, the ancient Chinese culture used the sticky coating on the cloves to bind glass and ceramic together. Haven't tried that myself yet..." He laughed.

"Garlic is also used to aid in digestion, although too much of it has the potential to be toxic to us. So be careful about letting the pups near it. But the good it does well outweighs the bad." He smiled at her, running his fingers through his short messy mane. "Any time you want to read on it, just come on over. You can follow that little path there pretty much straight to my house. If I'm not there, feel free to let yourself in. I have a well stocked library on herbs and their uses.

He paused, then asked gently, "How are the pups doing? Haven't seen much of them since the birth."

Messages In This Thread