[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

Word Count :: 479 :: I really don't know what to do next... my brain isn't working.

Zalen felt stupid for what he had said, and vulnerable, especially in front of this girl. She could easily rip his soul right out of him now if she only tried but a little. But what had been said had been said and there was a no taking it back now. His chest tightened with nerves and pent up emotions and he tried to suppress these. The darkening sky just seemed to heighten his discomfort exponentially. Why in God’s name would he bring up his mother to a complete stranger and one who seemed to want to be anywhere else but here nonetheless? What a fool he was. For a moment he wished desperately that he could just run away from this ridiculous situation he had put himself in, but he sat at the base of a tree like a lump of coal and remained.

He noticed that as the weather changed so did Lucia. The humid air seemed to release some of the tension in her muscles. This relaxed Zalen too, and he realized that despite his friendly nature he had been somewhat on edge the entire time she had been there. It was because there was something explosive about her, like she could just go off at any minute. The only reason he had stayed is because he had dealt with wolves like that before and knew that it made no difference whether to stay or leave. If they want to kill you they would do it one way or another.

Zalen looked back at her to see how she would respond to his unusual statement but just at that moment the sky broke and large rain drops fell around them. It felt good, and the cold drops caused the warm ground to steam. Soon Zalen was drenched, the long strands of his mane that had come loose from the braid in the chase of the fawn clung to his face or started to curl slightly as they dripped. The earth at the base of his feet began to stain red as the blood was washed from his face. In fact that whole area that the two of them stood in began to get saturated with the fawn’s blood as the rain water mixed with it and spread out.

Zalen listened to her response and for whatever reason, either from the fact that what she had stated was far from the truth or rather that this whole budding conversation was so unnerving caused Zalen to laugh out loud. But luckily his nervous laughter was somewhat silence by another crack of thunder, this one much closer to the pair

After he regained his sanity he spoke again, “No it’s not that. It’s your distant gaze that reminds me of her.” He stood from his haunches and gave his body a shake, sending water and blood away from him.

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a00 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a00 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread