[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

Word Count :: 475 ::Apparently Zalen has magic name knowing powers now...

Zalen was slightly amused as Lucia finally seemed to take interest in him. He could nearly feel her eyes travel across his form. But it didn’t feel like she was sizing him up in anyway just checking him out like he had done to her while she was eating. He watched her lithe form as she moved to lean against the tree. Obviously his laughter had annoyed her, seeing the small snarl she had given, but at this point Zalen just attributed the little snarls and scoffs as part of her personality. She was as dark as the fur upon her skin.

The thunder was coming more rapidly now, and the flashes of the lightening above them caused the area to send shadows in every direction for a moment. He realized they probably weren’t in the safest of areas, surrounded by all these trees, but it did not seem to perturb her so Zalen let it be. It was then he noticed her fiddling with a small brown pouch that was connected to a belt at her waste. He had noticed it before but had not given it much interest. He still wasn’t used to all the hume objects he had seen on the individuals he had met; Theodore’s gloves, Panda’s… everything. The only objects of the extinct race he owned were the two earrings in his left ear, but those had been given to him by his mother rather than scrounged from crumbling hume settlements. He took notice of the daggers attached her belt and was confused. Why would a luperci need hume weapons? Were their claws not sharp, fangs not piercing? Zalen had always defended himself with the weapons mother nature had given him, so why settle for a cheap hume knock off? He shook his inky head, clearing his thoughts like an etch-n-sketch as well as ridding his eyes from stray droplets.

He listened to her sarcastic response, but there was something different there; a question. So it seemed she was taking more than visual interest in him now. “I don’t know, what kind of name is Lucia?” He gave a little smirk. He wished he could play her game as well as she but he just lacked those skills. He had always fallen behind when it came to sarcasm, even when he was with Cody and Keylo, who were masters of the art. With a small sigh he decided to answer her, “It means thrower… or hitter. Something like that. I’m not sure why my mom gave me such a name. Ironically I don’t throw or hit better than anyone else.” Again with his mother! He just needed to shut up about her. He looked back up at Lucia with a small smile, “But I know what your name means and I must say that is the biggest irony of all.”

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a00 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a00 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread