[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

I hate my muse, lol. Hope this actually made sense...

His head cocked, nose wrinkled as the smoke danced its way to the male’s nostrils. Lucia felt an amused smile steal her darkened lips, she half expected him to cough. He seemed so innocent in that moment, for just that split second. It seemed almost strange that Lucia found him to be untrustworthy in her eyes. But the moment didn’t last long; her mind always had a way of bring back the negativity. Snake’s face flashed in front of her eyes, and that smile faded into nothing but silence. She just sat there, watching her male companion. He seemed lost in thought, a dark cloud moving over his face as though it mimicked the clouds above them.

She stared, curious. But it wasn’t long until she got her answer. His eyes were fierce, angry… Lucia smiled secretly. It seemed like this gentlemen had a dangerous side, so in her mind, that simply gave her evidence toward her theory. Maybe he just pretended to be nice, maybe now all the skeletons were coming out to play. Lucia toyed with the idea of provoking him, seeing if she could get him to snap, but she didn’t. Instead, she sat there, placing the cigarette in her mouth lazily. It was almost like an uncaring aura had overtaken her, but that was not the case. She could relate to the male’s situation. She had been in a similar boat.

Exhaling, the rain now beating even harder against her body, and the world around her, Lucia threw the cigarette into the distance. It was no good to her anymore, having been put out by a large raindrop that had found a way around her shielding fingers. She sighed deeply, confused about how she should go about the situation. Part of her wanted to laugh at his reaction, the turned head and closed eyes. It was clear he was angry; he was just downright pissed off. But what could Lucia do? What did she want to do? She could offer words of comfort, but why would she do that? This male… well, that was it. He was male. She didn’t want to help him, didn’t think she needed to. But he had offered her his food. She shook her head, muttering something inaudible under her breath.

Looking back at him, she parted her lips. She went to speak but a growl met her ears. Her eyes narrowed, thinking it was directed at her, but as her eyes focused on the other, she saw he wasn’t even looking at her.

Waiting, she stared up at the heavens again. Her eyes blinked furiously as the rain pelted down her on like pebbles. She opened her mouth slightly, the droplets tickled her tongue. It wasn’t until a particularly loud bit of thunder that Lucia realized she still had company. Snapping her neck back toward the darkened male, she caught his gaze. His eyes looked sad, maybe a hint of regret in them as well. She could read him like an open book and it made her feel better. She didn’t feel as exposed now, and that meant things weren’t all as bad as she thought they were.

“Don’t know why I’m telling you this,”
she spoke, her voice empty and flat, “but whatever… you look all pathetic over there, so maybe I feel sorry for you…” That was the closest Lucia could get to being friendly to a male. There was hidden caring somewhere in the pit of her broken heart, but it wouldn’t surface. It couldn’t surface. She was too proud, and too paranoid.

“My mother was murdered too… by my father.”
She smiled to herself. She could hear his screams in her head again. “I got him back for that though. He’s dead… and trust me,” her eyes flashed dangerously, a smirk on her face as she stared through the male in front of her. “He didn’t die quickly either…”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread