[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

Sorry for the epic wait! SadSadSadSad PS. Congrats on the Community Soul Win <3

Her heart throbbed, hammered heavily against her chest. For a moment she wondered whether it could break her ribs. She had felt his tongue against her neck, her eyes closing of their own accord. A twisted smile slivered over her ebony lips as she inhaled deeply; a shiver trickling down her spine. He smelt almost as good as she had earlier imagined. It was the musk of damp blood entwined with rain and a soft dribble of pine from the forest. She wanted him to stay there forever. It was as though in that moment, she was untouchable. Snake couldn’t haunt her, her mind couldn’t taunt her. Everything seemed so still, almost tranquil. But like all good things, it swiftly came to an end.

As he rose to meet her gaze, their heads touching and eyes locked upon each other, Lucia’s smile faded. Despite the longing in her eyes, part of felt he would still reject her. The seconds seemed like minutes, time was no friend to her. It wasn’t until he spoke that her thoughts slammed on the breaks. It was the last thing she had expected him to say.

Her mouth parted, almost like it had dropped in shock. Tightening her grip around his neck, she felt her knees buckling beneath her. She had been here before. This was all too familiar. “I…” Her tone shook, trembled with uncertainty. She could feel her slender digits slipping from the base of his neck; feel her body wanting to run as fast as she could in the opposite direction.

She dropped her gaze, staring bitterly at her feet. She could feel the muscles twitching in her legs. Perhaps if it were a different scenario, she could have said she was cold. However, she wasn’t elsewhere, this wasn’t something she could lie about. She was nervous, perhaps even terrified of her own actions and the way she felt. Dropping her arms to her side, Lucia clenched her fists. Softly digging her nails into her palms, she savoured the stinging pain for a moment or two. Lucia didn’t want to be like this, didn’t want to feel like this. She didn’t need this… but by god, she wanted him.

It was at that moment, when the realization hit her square in the face, that her knees finally gave way. Crumpled and almost in a prayer-like position on the floor, dirt clinging to her coal-furred legs, Lucia dragged her gaze heavily upward to face the male who stood in front of her. It was almost like she was begging with her eyes. ‘Don’t hurt me’ they whispered silently, but she knew he couldn’t hear. “I… I don’t know if we can see each other again… I just… don’t know…”

Her chest burned, almost punishing her for the words that passed her lips. She was trying to be smart, trying to think before acting – but it hurt like hell. Deadlocked in her agony and history, her facade remained void of emotion. She cursed herself, blamed herself for the situation she was now faced with. She had been so certain that this wouldn’t happen again, that she wouldn’t feel anything for another male in her lifetime. Snake had burned her alive almost, he had drowned her in a sea of tears, and now she could feel it happening all over again. Such a glutton for punishment it seemed. She was Miss Impossible.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread