Coming Out
A light summer breeze blew through the wolf’s fur, making it stand on end as he caught a new scent. He tried to relax, silently sniffing air. His ears perked fully when he heard a reply, lifting his spirits and yet making him tense. He quickly licked down his bristling white fur; a way for him to easily and quickly calm down. His fur was cool to the touch, its colour reflecting heat, though he felt hot underneath. He dug his claws into the soil, making sure he would stay put and not run. How weird would that look anyways, a wolf fleeing before he even met anyone?

He heard the soft padding of paws before he saw the wolf. He felt suddenly calm when he did, realizing there was little to worry about, for now. He looked over the wolf, his green eyes full of curiosity. He knew not to judge another wolf by their looks, but he was somewhat glad an older wolf had come. He’d fear being chased off (or worse) had the wolf been younger. He had too many bad problems with packs and pack wolves in the past, he hoped he could get things right for once.

Taking a step back and lowering his head, he flattened his ears slightly against his head. I am Fyre. I’ve been looking for a pack for a few months now, ever since I left my family pack. As such, I come seeking acceptance into your pack. His body lowered as he talked, hoping he had gotten things right this time.

Messages In This Thread