Coming Out
Fyre stood in silence, eyes narrowing as he stared at the ground. He wondered to himself, what would happen if he was rejected. He hated being a loner, but if that was what fate wanted him to be, he was ready to accept it. His claws dug deeper into the earth, his nerves feeling the stress that had surrounded him before. He closed his eyes, shaking the thoughts from his head. It was negative thinking that led him this far, he believed, and positive that would hopefully help him accomplish what he came here for. He smiled a strange, crooked smile. Smiling always helped calm him down.

He lifted his head up slightly when he heard the wolf’s reply. The smile vanished from his face as he thought what would he do to help. He had planned to do as much as the next wolf, maybe even more if it meant proving himself. Cocking his head to one side, he answered: I’ll do whatever is requested of me. Hunt, patrol, you name it. Heck, I’ll jump on the back of a grizzly is you asked me to. He bowed his head again, hoping he had said the right thing. He knew he was a trustful wolf; he had almost fallen into a dare of actually jumping on a grizzly’s back. He didn’t know what most wolves would’ve said, but it had to be close.

Messages In This Thread