Shifting Distance
Shawchert smiled, but his normal chuckle that came after never came. He was a much harder man, but that did not make him love life less.

"I should hope he doesn't try to still, I'm sure he's as big as you are by now! Or close to it!"

It had been some time since he saw the boy, and his father for that matter so he didn't know how big he was, but he was imagining a full grown wolf pouncing on someone in excitement. Shaw too Tal's hand and shook firmly, though it was not his normal custom, he knew about it and did not want to offend.

"This is an old tree village it seems. I like it, it's out of the way, and I can see all of the lands from here. No one will ever get past my eye again. I'm going to be living here. And if a few others want to they can, the bridges are to get from one house to another. I'm making sure they are sturdy even through the toughest of snowstorms."

Shawchert said with a finality. He was determined to rebuild the small community even if he was the only one who lived here. He was on his way to making his own adjusted home, where he wouldn't have to stoop down the whole time. The high ceiling would be hard, especially to make sturdy, but he'd found the perfect tree for that. For now he was fixing up the bridges.

"Can you watch this side while I pull up the other side? just make sure to tell me if it tilts a little."

He said, hoping the other man was willing to help more. He unhooked the pulley he had on a branch and started to climb down, giving the man enough time to decline or accept as he moved down one tree and started up another.

Messages In This Thread