The Candle Burns Down -AW-
[html]

I am too, it’s a little complicated but you’ll get the hang of it for sure.

Zalen sat very still as she spoke and tried to look as relaxed as possible so as to ease her tension. He mirrored her move and sat as well in a very informal manner. He smiled at her accent, it was interesting, one he had never heard before. She seemed as curious about him as he was of her and he smiled when she looked at his family symbol. The paint was somewhat smudged he realized, soon he’d have to find some red dyes to reapply it.

He noted her look at the mink and wondered if he had perhaps offended her in some manner by killing it. But there was nothing he could do about it now, it was dead and if she wouldn’t eat he would. No sense in taking a creatures life without reason

She was asking lots of questions but he was more than happy to answer them, it wasn’t like he had anywhere else to be that day. He was well fed, rested, watered and his newly found den wasn’t going anywhere now that he had sufficiently marked it. He smiled softly at her,“I do not belong to any pack as of yet and I don’t plan on trying to join one. The packs of this land are well established and I tend to live more comfortably on my own. But who knows... maybe in the future I’ll change my mind.”

Zalen lifted a leg to quickly scratch behind his left ear and then readjusted in his stance, “You are correct, I am a gray wolf through and through. But you most certainly are not,” He stood and circled her, making sure not to show anything that might be construed as a threat. He did a complete 360 around her before coming back to her front. “You are quite striking, tell me Zema, what kind of canine are you and where do you come from?”

#323 Word count
<style>
.zero-zalen p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-zalen b {color:#79B5AC; font-family: 'palatino linotype', serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-zalen {font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#A1BBCE; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#294960; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QSKhM.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:500px; border-radius:25px; -moz-border-radius:25px; -webkit-border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread