The Candle Burns Down -AW-
[html]

Zalen noticed that Zema finally seemed to be relaxed and it warmed his heart. He knew he could be somewhat intimidating and was glad that he could eventually calm someone down just by being himself. Obviously his social skills were improving.“Ethiopia.”, he said quietly, repeating the unusual word to himself. It sounded like someone’s name rather than an area. He wondered how far away from here that was. His scope of the world was very small, he would have never guessed that such a place was thousands of miles away across oceans and seas.

He noticed her eyes alight as she mentioned her family, he wondered why she was alone here, but dare not ask. Feelings about his own family kept him from delving too deep into others' feelings about their relatives, he was afraid such a conversation might stir up dark feelings in him. But she had inquired then about his mark, “It is a family symbol, my mother had one as well. She told me that all members of her bloodline held the mark, though besides her and my own I have never seen another bearing it.” His voice had a twinge of sadness, his mother had been his only blood relative, he had no concept of siblings, grandparents, or even a father. Zalen’s mind wandered for a moment and it was then that he realized his right ear had subconsciously been turned towards the shore for and he turned his head to see what was making the noise. On the rocks a distance away was a fat seal, or sea lion, he couldn’t quite tell from this distance. It had been a great long time since he had seen on of those creatures.

His ear perked back to the Ethiopian she-wolf as she asked another question and he turned back to answer, “No I do not live here, my den is a day’s trek to the north east in a wooded area called Arachnea’s Revenge. I traveled this way just to explore the area, I myself have only just settled, I’ve been in Nova Scotia for about a week now.”

He watched her as she glanced towards the trees and wondered what she was thinking. She was a curious one, and gentle, but easily distracted it seemed. He smiled again, and his attention was once again drawn to the mink. Err… are you going to eat that? It would a shame to have it go to waste…”

#410 Word count
<style>
.zero-zalen p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-zalen b {color:#79B5AC; font-family: 'palatino linotype', serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-zalen {font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#A1BBCE; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#294960; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QSKhM.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:500px; border-radius:25px; -moz-border-radius:25px; -webkit-border-radius:25px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread