Danger's apprentice
[html]

Word Count → 512 :: Wanna finish this up with your post?

Surprisingly the black and white female grew more reckless, confident, aggressive with each stroke and swing of the blade; traits he preferred to see in warriors. Sure, one could practice fine fancy elegant moves, but at the end of the day shabby, quick and efficient ones got the job done a lot quicker. Some may call swordsmanship and art, to him his Katana and blades were merely tools to kill and he didn't care how he wielded them so long as he got his desired result. Blocking each strike the female threw at him, he felt his sides begin to throb more and more, injuries flaring up and making it harder and harder to concentrate on the task at hand. With each strike and block, the sound of metal on metal resounded, a pure, thrilling sound that lightened his spirits despite the pain the sparring was causing him. As he prepared to pull the dagger out one of the girl's shots glanced his arm, nicking it and drawing blood; a small wound he simply ignored.

Watching the female come to a still when she noticed the dagger he smiled smugly, glad he'd gotten his point across well enough. Everyone saw his katana, displayed as it was upon his hip for the most part; distracted by the large blade few noticed his semi concealed daggers, although today he only had the one with him and it was clean of poison. Pulling his hand back he threw the small blade away from the both of them, grasping his katana once more with two hands, catching the female's blow abit late, his legs gave out on him as he fell to the ground; releasing his katana and allowing it to fall to the ground as he wrapped his arms around his chest, pain searing through it. “Sh.. shit” he groaned slightly, gritting his teeth and waiting for the pain to pass, breath coming out heavy now from the short sparring session along with his new-found pain. Gingerly he raised an open palm, asking for the female to stop.

“Think that's as far as I can go today” he spoke between pants, slowly easing himself of the ground, swaying slightly on his feet suddenly unsteady in his two legged form. “You're not half bad. Get in a few sparring sessions and more experience and come back to me then; i'll give you a few more tips then” he promised, seeing that the female simply need more experience and to grow more accustomed to using her blade before his teaching could be of much use. Slowly he bent and picked up his katana, placing it into it's sheath and then went to retrieve the dagger he'd thrown away.

“You coming with me back to the caves or you gonna stay here and get some more practice in?” he called out to her over his shoulder, beginning to make his way towards the path that lead to the caves. His pace was slow, one hand gingerly rested upon his sore ribs, eyes squinting partially shut from the pain.

<style type="text/css">
.keycrow001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#537c7d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f2e2e 1px 1px 1px;}
.keycrow001 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:160px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:10px; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/k2xts3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.keycrow001 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keycrow001 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#537c7d;}
.keycrow001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px;margin:0px;}
.keycrow001 {margin:5px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2d4c4c; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2ugpcfb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-left-radius:30px; border-top-right-radius:30px; padding:3px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b1417; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread