I Can Hear the Toll...
[html]
@.@ Uhm...angry Chitsa leaves the scene? >.> Angry...Chitsa.

Ralla's words left no impression on Chitsa as they flowed from her. She contested the AniWayan way, she encouraged questions — as Chitsa had expected, she and the white woman were far different from one another and it was not going to be easy for the two to interact. Regardless, she remained silent. She had said her peace, and if a solution wasn't found, she was sure that her attitude towards the young and inquisitive female would not change. That couldn't be helped.

It wasn't until Ralla chastised her that Chitsa stopped her work, a trademark anger rising within her as she spun on her heel to face the Councilwoman with fire in her eyes. "I give you the respect of the Etikaiele Gata only, Ralla. What you are, what you brought to my Tribe just as other ignorant outsiders bring to my tribe, is shameful. You are shameful. While you hold the place of Etikaiele Gata, you will never --" her arm cut the air horizontally as if to make her point "-- be a true AniWayan woman. You will never feel the Spirits in the way we who are born of AniWayan blood feel them, you will never be as well respected. My brother may be the Kalona here, but you are a mistake in his judgement that I cannot respect. A woman who makes rash decisions and has poor judgement herself — how can that be respected? In the past, you would be shunned for what you are. You should be now, you disrupt what we hold dearest to us in your poor judgement of life. But perhaps your poor judgement is just the fact that the Spirits do not guide you well enough; perhaps they don't trust you. Whatever it is, you will have my respect as Etikaiele Gata only. Asking for anything else from me is rude of you."

Her outrage released, still fuming within her chest, she turned once more to continue her work. Fingers broke the strings used to tie the sticks together, causing more frustration within. With the final bundles separated from the wood she'd brought to serve the rest of the tribe, she lifted the rest into her arms and turned a final time to the white Councilwoman. "As for your daughter, silence is better than rude inquisitions -- we are not all the same, and if you cannot teach her properly, those who understand will." Her body turned toward the Town Hall, legs carrying her away without so much as a final goodbye to place the wood where it belonged. As if to quell the negativity, folk song rose into the air from the lungs of the Gata Hineyu.

<style>
.zero-chitsa p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-chitsa b {color:#7CC439; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px; }
.zero-chitsa {font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CDFF8C; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#1C2313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mk5ZI.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #CDFF8C; width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread