wisdom born of [p]ain
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this reply, you PMed me aaaages ago to say it was finished, seems the threads have piled up on me while I've not been feeling well :S

WC: 1117?!

The ebony fae watched the cream coloured male with interest. He was so like Deuce in her eyes, it was amusing to the sable lady that her former mate had spawned so many who looked so like her, Soran's own children were as varied as they could be, Khaden and Kiwi being the only ones who looked exactly like her, sharing both her jet black pelt and her bright green eyes, Conri and Dhalia were both such a vibrant orange colour, their father's genes taking a hold of their colouration, and Rain was as dark as the night but had her own father's silver eyes. She supposed that at least most of her children had kept her eye colour it seemed, even Florence and Flavian, her twins bore them, but other than that she had never managed to produce children that carried so much of herself in their appearance, unlike Deuce, she had Dierdre and it seemed this young male here. Yes, there was no mistaking that he was a Rhiannon. He had the trademark pale pelt and the bi-coloured eyes that Soran had fallen so deeply in love with when they had been worn by Deuce, even when searching her deepest emotions she could not find any doubt that this male was one of the clan of Rhiannon, that was an odd thought for the sable lady, in another world, in some situation where things had transpired differently this male would know her as his mother, or even grandmother, if only she had been around, if she had fought harder for her pale lady, stolen her away from the iron grip of the ebony male whom she had never much liked. She must have had a chance, he would have not been so incensed with jealousy had she not, perhaps she should have used that to her advantage, worked away at the pair's relationships until her pale lover found her way back into her own arms. But alas the sable female had never been one for manipulation, she did not like it and doubted that she could have managed to achieve the effect she had wanted, she would have felt too guilty, in her mind Deuce had made her choice, although she could not understand it at all, she had to respect it, Lucifer had won, he had taken the fae with the bi coloured eyes away from Deuce, how strange that she would lose one mate to the son of her first mate, her first love. It still hurt her now when she thought about it, if truth were to be told her heart still ached whenever she thought of Deuce, theirs was a love that had transcended everything, Soran still felt it's pull despite all the miles between them now, all the things that had changed.

Then the pale male spoke, saying her name with something which sounded to the dark Vetes female like reverence, she found this strange, her eyes opening wide as she looked at him. He knew her obviously, well at least he knew of her, it seemed that whatever had been said to him had elevated the fae in his estimation, making her an object of awe. The sable lady could not deny that she was flattered, it was nice to hear someone say her name in such a way, something her family had not done, they had been cold and uncomfortable around her, something which had not surprised her, but she could not help but wish that they had said her name with the same tone that this pale man had, like she mattered, like she was important to them in some way. After all despite her abandoning them without her none of them would exist, she wished that they could bridge the huge chasms that had formed in their relationships, all she could do was hope that given time some old wounds would heal enough to allow her and her grandchildren to form a bond of some kind. She still had hope for finding her children of course, although this was dwindling fast, she had searched so many places for them already, she was beginning to worry that she would never find them. Again all she had to cling to was hope, hope that they were safe and well and that one day they would see fit to return to these lands and then perhaps they too could form something that may blossom into love for their mother. The female watched the alabaster male quietly as he spoke, her ears swivelling to catch the sound, he had his mother's tone indeed, the sable lady wondered if he could see what she saw, that Deuce was within him. Finally he gave the answer she had been expecting, she nodded as he spoke, her smile widening, it was wonderful to find so many members of Deuce's family within the lands, safe and well, it gave the sable lady the feeling that, in her own way, Deuce was still walking the lands, in the blood of her children, as well as buried deep beneath the jet lady's breast. Then the male added that he believed his mother had loved her far more than Lucifer, that was like a hammer blow to the chest for the female, she had always hoped it, wished for it, but she had always managed to quash it with doubt, although her own heart beat only for the pale female, she did not expect, nor believe that Deuce's was the same. She still loved the pale female so much that it was an actual physical pain to her, she could not dare to hope that Deuce had indeed felt the same way.

Because of course that would also mean that Deuce should have picked the jet female over that male that Soran had so disliked, why did she not chose me? The old mantra that had flowed through Soran's mind for so long reared it's ugly head once again, sending a small ripple of sorrow across her chest, through her very heart.
"It is wonderful to meet you Taliesin, so you know a lot about me then? I hope it is all good?" The sable fae said, squashing the feeling of misery and indeed deciding to use the new knowledge to keep herself happy, Deuce had indeed loved her and that was worth all of the heartache in the world.
"So tell me of yourself, I wish to know everything, I have already met your brother and would love to know more of you as well. These are wonderful lands, have you been living here long?" The lady asked, suddenly full of questions for the young male.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread